9.01.2007

bath bombs!

my first experiment with the bath bombs was, in a word, eventful. i used a recipe i found in venus zine & then used some pointers i'd seen on wikihow.com. the scent i used was essentially based on my 'golden lady' (oshun) bath salts; i thought it'd be a good idea, since this is an oshun-inspired product, to drizzle honey over it. the only problem, which i was simple enough to forget to do: oil the containers i used as molds. it's just like cooking; your pans can't be dry. i couldn't get the bath bombs out. clearly, i need my containers so i couldn't mail samples out (sorry, melissa). what have i ended up doing? putting the whole containers in my bathtub, of course! i close the drain while i run the shower and let my feet get their soak on. i found that it was really easy to clean the tub afterwards & that the scent of the bath bombs was really light compared to the bath salts. but, that's dependent on how much of the salts i use at a given time. at any rate, i now know what i need to do in order to successfully release my samples:
1) use ice cube trays and grease the things half to death w/ whichever scented oil i use in the bombs.
2) package them in wax paper or nice cellophane baggies when i send them, but keep them in an airtight rubbermaid or tupperware containter.
3) play w/ the recipes until i find something that really makes me happy.
4) continue to try the stuff out myself!

that's it for now, i guess. if you'd like a sample or have questions, leave me a message in the comments . . .

always dope,

lenée

No comments: